Friday, March 10, 2017
7 Things to Know About Cosmos (コスモス) Flowers
It was of those days, on a long hike, when birds weren't cooperating with me and the camera.
I noticed, women stopping by, jumping out of their cars, to take selfies.
So, when nobody was around, I went over and composed this shot and, figured I'd use it.
My research led to some information, I had never heard of, concerning these flowers.
1. They originated in Mexico and South America
2. There are 20-30 or more varieties. So, I won't give any botanical names
3. Cosmos, are members of the same family as sunflowers
4. They thrive in sunshine, can go without water and bloom in the spring and fall
5. There are some breeds called Chocolate Cosmos
6. Some places, they use these flowers for clothing dyes. Other folks eat them in salads
7. They haven't been approved for usage by the (FDA) Food and Drug Administration