Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Wildlife Photo: (Turtle) Red-eared Slider and Teenage Mutant Ninja
Once somebody started calling them the TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES they became a hot commodity. Parents around the world just had to buy them for their children because they didn't want to take the time to explain the facts of life. Turtles don't know Karate. They don't even know which aliens they're supposed to be fighting. They just let people take them out of the ponds in South Carolina, or somewhere like that, and throw them on airplanes to foreign countries.
Well, here are a few facts I discovered about these critters today:
1. They can live to be about 40 years old.
2. They may carry Salmonella.
3. They breed under water for about 45 minutes but, really only go at it for 10 minutes or so.
4. Flushing them down the toilet proved to be a problem in the UK.
5. Australia banned them: $100,000 fine or five years in jail is what one could cost you.
Red-eared Slider Turtles, listen to me: THE PEOPLE SELLING YOU ARE THE ALIENS !
RELATED POST: WHICH TURTLE IS THE DUDE ?
See the PHOTO OF THE DAY HERE