Candy Marshmallows Probably Aren't Health Food
- The leaves, roots, stems, flowers and seeds are packed with vitamins A,B,C and E.
- Some folks, substitute the leaves for spinach. Pregnant women get iron and zinc from it.
- Gooey stuff, called mucilage comes out of the leaves and roots, when you squeeze them.
- Rub that ingredient on cuts or, wounds and, it heals, reduces pain and stops infection.
- The plant's name in Hebrew and Arabic, translated to English, would be bread.
- A Roman naturalist, recommended a teaspoon of mallow, a day to prevent diseases.